DocHaven is a ingenious way to share and manage several versions of the same document at the same time in a 'Finder style' Document Management System (DMS).
DocHaven users can create standard document templates, keep multiple versions, 'Take Out', 'Copy Out' and 'Put Away' documents. Any user you choose can then log on over the internet and edit only those documents they have access to, with all access logged. If you're familiar with AppleShare, email or FTP, then DocHaven will be very easy for you to use.
DocHaven stores projects in a virtual library and when you've finished with a project you can just put it away — back into the library. Most recently, the application has incorporated TwitHaven, CashHaven and CRMHaven which allows all logged in users to send messages and attachments to each other. CashHaven even allows users to be given a cash balance so that they can enter sales or returns securely without any cash changing hands.
DocHaven feels like an expensive DMS system but it offers most of the features for half the price. If you need to share documents securely and regularly with a specific team, it's a great option.
- * [Fix] You can now purge Projects that have never been put away. It attempts to delete a version 1 Project, in case there was a file remnant cancelled while being transferred.
- * [Fix] When you purge All My Projects it now purges Projects that were only partially saved to the server and have version as â€˜0 - 0â€™.
- * [Fix] When someone else on your computer Boomerangs a Project for you (they must share the Projectâ€™s group, be logged in as them on your computer), it no longer has to be put away by them.
- * [Fix] Updating values via the Get Info window now accepts foreign characters.
- * [Fix] Transfer now tries to complete a Boomerang or Put Away even if there is an open document in the Project - previously it would stop the action.
- * [Fix] The New Smart feature has been removed since aliases can now be included inside a Project and they remain as aliases rather than being resolved.
- * [Fix] Revised the Zip and Unzip routines to be faster, simpler and handle foreign file names better. The number of files in each Project is still limited to 65535 and 4 Gigabytes in size! If you need more than this, or use Macintosh Classic Resource Forks, you will need to Zip compress these items before putting the Project away.
- * [Fix] Revert on Linux no longer leaves the Project in the DocHaven folder.
- * [Fix] No longer displays the Project Name in Transfers window where the user is not the owner or group member.
- * [Fix] Keywords can now accept accented and foreign characters.
- * [Fix] Foreign Project Names now appear with their correct encoding in the New and Get Info windows.
- * [Fix] Exporting and Archiving All Versions of a Project now works - it no longer exports just the latest version.
- * [Fix] Delete on Linux no longer leaves the Project in the DocHaven folder.
- * [Fix] Copy Out on Linux no longer gives an empty Project.
- * [Fix] Changed some references to ProjectID from DocumentID.